Monday, March 24, 2008

Buying/Selling a House

Back in January I saw a house online that was beautiful. I decided to schedule a showing even though we weren't actively looking or even had an inkling of selling our house. Pure curiosity on my part. Well the house was great but while we were playing with the idea of actually putting ours up for sale - the sellers accepted another offer. Oh well, such is life. But talk of selling ours didn't stop after that and Bryce made the announcement that we should just do it. So...we did.

After 3 weeks of working on the things that needed repair, we put it up for sale. 12 days and 13 showings later we had two offers. One good and one bad. We accepted the good one just a few days ago and will now be packing vigorously for the big move in 4 weeks.

During this whole process we have been looking at houses to buy. We looked mainly in Westminster but found that we really wanted a newer home. So we began looking into new construction communities.

Two weeks ago we found a community in Hanover, PA. A little too far for my tastes but it was the right price, nice neighborhood, had shopping (tax free at that!) nearby and good schools for any furture children (a big plus). With everything it offered I had to overlook the fact that it was in lower PA, something I was very much against at first. I didn't want to be so far from friends and family. But thinking about it made me change my mind. It isn't that much farther from where we are now, and once we have kids I probably won't be driving to visit parents as much as I do now. I'll make them come to me dammit ;) so we signed the contracts this weekend, picked out what our house will look like and all color combinations for the cabinets and such and now we jsut wait for it to be built. If everything goes well we will be moving in September sometime.

In the meantime we will be living with Bryce's Dad in Baldwin, MD. Should be interesting. But hey, we will be socking away the cash we save from not paying BGE, mortgage or cable for 4 months. Yay!

It's taking every effort not to buy new things for the house though. I am dying to get some new furniture!

Here's what our house will look like (this is a neighbors house though)

Can't wait!










2 comments:

RooManda said...

Snazzy. Will there be a Roo Room?

Katie said...

You know it :)
I plan on posting my inspiration pictures of the future Rooette Room later on. I'm thinking soft bed, lots of pillows to lounge on, warm blankets, a chaise in the corner and a small table with cakes and mini sandwiches. You dig?