Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Birth Day! 11/4/09

Part 2

Around 12am on Nov. 4th I was prepped for the operation and wheeled to room. Bryce changed into scrubs.


















Put to operating bed and put on morphine. Lot of people in room and commotion. Bryce arrives and I tell him he looks hot and he said: “So do you. About 98 degrees”. I didn’t know I had a thermometer on my forehead to monitor my temp.

Operation begins and I don’t feel anything. Within a few min the baby is out and I hear her. Bryce peeks over screen when the doctor tells him to and then she is brought over screen for me to see a little blue baby. I begin crying and tell Bryce he’s a daddy he says you’re a mommy. He gets a bit choked up too.

Baby taken to other room and Bryce follows.





They move me to recovery where my mom is. They let her back there to meet Sarah and then as soon as I showed up she had to leave. She kisses me and tells me I did great and then leaves.



















Bryce arrives with baby and Sarah gets a bath and tested right there and I see her monkey toes and Bryce takes photos while they take care of me with unhooking my IV’s and such. Then they wheel me to a postpartum room.

I get my first meal of chicken broth and lemon ice – tasted SO good.


I then hold baby and begin first feeding. Is this really my kid? Is this a dream?



















4:30am Bryce and mom leave for a few hours and baby goes to nursery so I can I try to sleep.



Around 7am I am woken up and Sarah is brought to me for a feeding and I am alone with Sarah for a little bit as a new mommy.


Soon I met all of our doctors. Mine, the pediatrician, various nurses. Lots of people. I feed Sarah and take phone pictures and send one to Bryce saying “Morning Daddy”

No comments: