Sunday, March 6, 2011

February 2011

Sadly, I didn't take too many photos of Sarah this month.  She likes the camera, but only as a toy so when she sees me bring it out she stops doing whatever it is that is cute and runs right for the camera and cries when I don't give it to her.  Hence, the vast amounts of Sarah pictures ending up on my camera phone. *sigh*  Toddlers.



We spent most of this month sick as dogs.  Sarah got a cold a couple days in and then of course, I got it and then Bryce. 

We had a day or two where everyone was healthy and I took Sarah to her Well Baby 16 month doctor appt.   She is 29.5" tall and 20 lbs 1 ounce.  I think she has Bryce's 'thin' genes which I am ok with LOL!

The day after her appt we got ready to go to a playdate and on the way there Sarah got sick in the car.  I stripped her down and we headed home where she got sick two more times.  I didn't know what was going on but she seemed ok after that and had a nice day playing.   Well the next day was BAD.  She slept 18 hours that night and when I woke up noticing she had slept in I was in a panic.  I think every mother goes through that "my baby isn't breathing " fear when their child sleeps in.  Well she was alive but got sick when I took her downstairs and was extremely lathargic so fearing dehydration, I packed her up and we went to the ER. 

At the hospital it was determined she had the stomach flu and was not dehydrated enough to warrant an IV (she cried big fat crocodile tears when the doctor came in). We were given a perscription of anti nausea pills.  So we went home where, of course, Murphy's Law you know, I got sick.

We made a great pair. Sick mom trying to take of sick kid who of course is refusing all types of food and drink.  She went to bed that day at 5pm and I soon followed with a fever. 

Bryce woke up the next morning sick with the flu as well. The whole house was miserable.  We were sick over Valentines day so we pretty much ignored the holiday this year.  

Sarah was feeling better when we went up to Maryland for my morther in laws wedding shower (Bryce's mom is getting remarried) and began acting like a normal kid with a normal appetite so I was happy. That was until we got back and of course.... got another cold.  Thankfully the adults in the house have thwarted this round.    I hate winter. LOL 




Looking at fish in Wal-Mart while grocery shopping



Being upset because I wouldn't let her in the cleaning supplies cabinet


 Trying on Mommy's sunglasses

Waiting patiently for Bryce to finish his haircut. The ladies at this hair cut place have seen Sarah grown up since we tend to go together and I go shop in the Target next door while Bryce gets his hair cut.


Taking the new shopping cart for a spin on the driveway


At the park


I think she was insulted I gave her a weed instead of a flower since she threw this down and took of running after I grabbed this shot.

Even in her sleep she poses :)

No comments: