(Sorry for the run-on sentences and such but I wasn't about to type the whole thing up to make it sound all pretty. Just the points I remembered. )
November 3rd, 2009
Woke up with what felt like menstrual cramps at 4:30am. They continued every 8 minutes for a couple of hours. Bryce woke up, asked if everything was ok so I told him that I think I am in labor and for him to get some rest since he still had to go to work.
I tried to rest but I couldn’t really sleep being interrupted so I decided to take a bath. Took a bath for a few minutes.
At 7:45am I put on Pj’s and went to kitchen to get food. Got toast and milk and sat on couch. Finished eating and felt what felt like a simple kick by baby but then I felt like I lost my bladder. I ran to bathroom where I realized my water may have broken. I wasn’t sure so I yelled up the steps to Bryce. Told him he wasn’t going to work that day and that I think my water broke and asked him to get me some new clothes. I put them on but every time I sat down or stood up more water leaked so I went through a couple more pairs of pants.
Called Doctor about 15 min after water broke and told her what was going on. She wanted me to go to OB office at 9am and get tested to see if it was in fact my water breaking.
That gave us 30 min to get ready. So we took some time to clean up my breakfast dishes, take care of the cats food dish, change clothes and grab the hospital bag.
We went to the OB and called my mom on the way to tell her we THINK my water broke. Got her at home and she was finishing up getting dressed so I told her I would call her in about 40 min to tell her to leave Maryland or not. She said she would change into something more comfortable and wait for my call.
Got to doctor office and immediately taken back to room where I leaked getting on the table. Was tested with PH strips and said yep it was my water and to head to the hospital.
We got to Rex, checked in and shown to room. Changed into gown and got hooked up to monitors. Then we began calling some people to tell them baby was on her way. I got online for a little bit.
Got pitocin at 11am and contractions got stronger and a little closer. Watched some tv on the computer. Answered lots of texts messages from people. Contractions began getting harder and I had to make humming noises through them and hold Bryce’s hand every time. He would talk me through them. At 3pm we decided to get epidural even though we were only at 2cm. At 3:30pm mom arrived and epidural team arrived so had to shove her out of the room right away. Mom got upset saying but she wants me here. Didn’t understand that only 1 person could be in room for the procedure and that it was only going to last a second.
Got catheter and an internal monitor and felt happy for a long time after that. Couldn’t feel right leg at all and had to have other people move it for me for every body shift.
Baby’s heart rate dropped a tiny bit so they moved me from my back to my side every now and then and put me on oxygen. Was still only at 3cm at 4pm even though contractions were coming hard and one on top another. We then watched the movie Wall – E
11pm was still only at 3cm so Doctor said C section was probably the best idea since I wasn’t progressing and probably wouldn’t (ricks if baby not born within 24 hrs of water breaking). Baby was pushing against cervix but it wasn’t open enough for her. The second we made the decision I began shaking pretty bad. Some tell me it was the epidural reaction but I was scared I would feel the procedure.


No comments:
Post a Comment